Mary E. Pawlenty
Mediator / Arbitrator
|Location:||Eden Prairie, MN|
From October 1994 until February 2007, Mary Pawlenty was a Minnesota District Court Judge in the First Judicial District. The First Judicial District includes the seven counties of Dakota, Carver, Goodhue, Scott, Le Sueur, McLeod and Sibley.
Prior to becoming a judge, she was a partner with the law firm of Rider, Bennett, Egan and Arundel. Her work as a civil litigator included a wide variety of civil cases including personal injury matters, employment litigation, insurance coverage, product liability cases and contract disputes.
She received her bachelor’s degree, summa cum laude, from Bethel University in 1983, and her juris doctor, cum laude, from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1986. She began her legal career in Houston, Texas at the law firm of Vinson & Elkins
- Judge of District Court, First Judicial District, chambered in Hastings. Appointed in 1994. Elected in 1996 and 2002.
- Attorney with the law firm of Rider, Bennett, Egan and Arundel, 1989-1994.
- Qualified Neutral under Rule 114.
- Certified Civil Mediation Skills Training.
Areas of Mediation Practice
- Employment Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Title IX, Higher Education
- Contract Disputes
- Personal Injury
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. cum laude – 1986
- Bethel College, St Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. summa cum laude – 1983
Honors and Awards
- Awarded the Distinguished Patrick Henry Award from the National Guard Association of the United States and the Order of St. Maurice Civis Award from the National Infantry Association for her Efforts on Behalf of Military Families and Families of Deployed Soldiers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Civil Jury Instruction Guide Committee, Minnesota District Judges Association, Past Member
- Board of Trustees, Bethel University, Past Member
- ADR Review Board, Past Member