Gary J. Meyer
Mediator / Arbitrator
|Location:||Eden Prairie, MN|
Most recently, from June 1987 to October 2005 was a Minnesota District Court Judge. Prior to that, he was engaged in private practice of law from 1959 to 1987 with an emphasis on civil and family law.
- District Court Judge, Tenth Judicial District, chambered in Buffalo and Stillwater, appointed 1987, elected 1988, 1994 and 2000.
- Elected by Tenth Judicial District Judges as Assistant Chief Judge in July, 1994 and elevated to Chief Judge in November, 1995. Elected Chief Judge in July, 1996 and July, 1998 and served until July, 2000.
- Served on the Conference of Chief Judges from July, 1994 until July, 2000, chairing the Judicial Resources Committee for 2 years and the Administration Committee for 1 year.
Areas of Practice
- Civil and Family Law
- Advanced Judicial Family Law Education, Minnesota Judicial College
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Open Child Protection Proceedings, Member
- Board of Directors of the Minnesota District Judges Association, Family Law section, Member
- ABA, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Family Law section, Member
- Supreme Court Child Support Advisory Committee for 3 years , Chair
Past Employment Positions
- Tenth Judicial District, District Court Judge, 1994 – 2000